3DCG Animator,Hirao_히라오 Details
3DCG Animator, Hirao
Hirao is a 3DCG animator skilled in
cel-shaded animation production,
with extensive experience in various
animation and game industries.
In this course,
he will share his unique tips and insights
on creating cel-shaded character animation
Length: 26 videos
(Duration 27h 44m)
(version 3.3 or higher
Character rig files
Expert 3DCG Animator
Hirao's Profile & Portfolio
Why Take This Class?
3DCG Animator Hirao will teach you
how to use Blender to make cel-shaded animations,
from moving characters and objects
to creating action scenes.
Learn the basics of Blender for animation production
using toon shaders, and sketch out your ideas
using Blender's unique Grease Pencil feature.
You'll also learn how to add basic movements to a character,
animation production using props,
rigging methods, animating props,
and gain the skills needed to combine animation
of characters and props.
After you learn camera work techniques
and layout tips, you'll complete an
impressive acrobatic action scene!
Experience a curriculum at Coloso that lets you
enjoy the fun of creating animations while learning
from Hirao's unique experience in
cel-shaded animation production.
3 Class Exercises
Preparation for Animation Production
Creating Anime-Style CharactersRough Animation
*These are sample images for better understanding.
I'm Hirao, a 3DCG Animator.
I currently work at Happy Elements Cacalia Studio,
where I mainly focus on creating 3DCG animation
and produce animations under my own name.
With a particular interest in character animation,
I handle a wide range of tasks, including
storyboarding, layout, production and
create animations using 3DCG
to satisfy my artistic expressions.
This course is mainly aimed
for you to focus on two main points
"The study of animation"and
"Creating animations in Blender"
Learn the secret to increasing the quality
using Blender, and discover the primal fun
in creating animations.
I hope to see you in this course!
3DCG Animator, Happy Elements Cacalia Studio
2009 CG designer, ANON Pictures CG Movie Studio
CG animator, DandeLion Animation Studio
Projects & Awards
“The Girl in Twilight” production
Various 3DCG animation productions
"Yukihana Lamy's Birthday Live." video production
Get Hands-on Experience
With Blender’s Animation Features
Blender comes with many useful features for creating character animations. This course lets you learn these features by practicing instead of just watching, allowing you to achieve a professional level of understanding of Blender's animation features.
Start with the Basics
Of Character Animation
From how to move different parts of the body to understanding the effects of inertia and gravity, this course will provide you with a solid foundation in character animation. Through these processes, you'll get to appreciate the depth and excitement of character animation.
Learn to Effectively Showcase Characters and Understand Camera Work & Layout Techniques
By including camera work in your animation planning, you can deepen your understanding of layouts in film directing. This course will cover unique layout techniques specific to animation, so you can even create dramatic action scenes that require careful planning.
Creating an Animation Using BlenderIn animation, you often need to go beyond the laws of physics. To accomplish this, it's crucial to understand and control realistic movements. You'll learn, through practice, how and when to break the rules so you can bring out the best in your animations.
General Theory of Character AnimationYou will deepen your understanding of character animation by studying general concepts. Because what you'll learn here isn't limited to 3DCG, you will gain skills that can be utilized regardless of the tools you use.
Composition in VideoIn dramatic action scenes, intricate camera work is required. Through examples with camera work, you will learn about the layout of the video and consider a layout that highlight
Using Exaggeration in AnimationIn animation, you often need to go beyond the laws of physics. To accomplish this, it's crucial to understand and control realistic movements. You'll learn, through practice, how and when to break the rules so you can bring out the best in your animations.
The Limited Animation ConceptYou will attempt to create a limited animation, which has a smaller number of drawings, and consider how to make it look natural even with fewer frames. At the same time, you will be able to experience the benefits of reducing the number of frames.
Using Toon-Shading For An Anime-Style LookUsing the character and scene files we include as references, you will learn how to set up toon shading while working with actual data. Also, using the GreasePencil feature, you will practice drawing a 2D layout, even if you can't draw!
(자동 구성) 가격이 인상됩니다.
SECTION 01. Introduction
01. Self-Introduction & Course Overview
SECTION 02. Preparing to Create Animations in Blender
02. Getting Started with Blender & Customizing the Workspace
- Customizing Blender
- Animation-specific workspaces
03. Blender Basics (Animation-Related)
- Basic operation of Blender
- Explanation of rig operation
- How to move the rig and set keys
SECTION 03. Creating Anime-Style Art with Toon Shading
04. How to Set Up Toon Shader
- Anime-style toon shading techniques
SECTION 04. Drawing Rough Animations Using the Grease Pencil
05. Hand-Drawn Animation Using Blender
- Creating rough animations using GreasePencil
- Basics of rough animation
SECTION 05. Basic Animation
06. Practical Basic Animation (Running Motion)
- Considering the movement of a person running
- Layout creation in 2D
07. Techniques and Features of Character Animation in Practice
- Keyframe animation practice
- Creation of primary animation
- Switching IKFK
- Tips for making the animation look smooth
08. Secondary Animation Production Associated with the Body
- Creation of secondary animation
- Adding movement to clothing
- Matching expressions and movement
09. Finishing Processes of Character Animation Work
- Creating camera work
- Rendering output
- Editing video on a sequencer with multiple materials
- Final video output
SECTION 06. Using a Ball Rig and How to Rig Props
10. Rigging and Animation Preparation of a Ball
- Rigging of the ball
- Explanation of 2D layout points
11. Character Animation Using Small Objects: Part 1
- Character animation
- Animation using constraints
12. Character Animation Using Small Objects: Part 2
- Adjusting poses
- Timing refinement
13. Animation Finishing
- Creation of secondary animation
- Creating movements of clothes and expressions
- Output of finished animation
SECTION 07. Creating Dramatic Action Scenes and Hero Shots
14. How to Create a Dramatic Acrobatic Hero Shot (Advanced)
- Building acrobatic action
- Explanation of 2D layout
15. 3D Camera Work for Action Cuts
- Camera work techniques to reconstruct layouts in 3D space
16. Converting from Layouts to 3DCG
- Creating 3D animation based on the layout
17. Creating Details and Special Features of Animations: Part 1
- Creating athletic action
18. Creating Details and Special Features of Animations: Part 2
- Creating acrobatic motion in the air
19. Creating Details and Special Features of Animations: Part 3
- - Creating a landing and absorbing a blow, making the action look natural
20. Creating Details and Special Features of Animations : Part 4
- Creating detailed performances
- Completion of primary animation
21. Secondary Animation Production: Part 1
- Creating secondary animations
- Creating character expressions
22. Secondary Animation Production: Part 2
- Creating skirt fluttering
23. Secondary Animation Production: Part 3
- Creating movements of clothes and tails
24. Secondary Animation Production: Part 4
- Creating hair animation
25. Finishing the Animation Work
- Rendering materials
- Video editing on the sequencer
- Completion of video and final output
SECTION 08. Conclusion
- To those who want to get into 3D character animation
3DCG Animator Hirao
What are the most challenging aspects for those studying this field, and how can this course help address them?
You might not be familiar with how to move a character using Blender, even if you've used the software before. I will explain how to use Blender in a step-by-step manner that anyone can follow along with. If you lack a basic understanding of animation, it can be hard to imagine where to start and how to make movements look good. Therefore, in addition to the basic content, this course also incorporates applied content that focuses on style. Through practice, I believe you will be able to grasp the concept of animation production.
Could you share some difficulties you faced while studying and how you overcame them?
After entering the industry as a 3DCG animator, I realized my own shortcomings and lack of knowledge. Without a basic understanding of animation, I struggled to create complicated movements. By going back to the basics and studying again, picking up a drawing tablet, and trying to draw rough sketches of layouts myself, I felt that I was gradually improving. I realized that the foundation is essential in everything.
What are the key points when creating 3DCG animation?
It's important to acquire a firm understanding of the basic capabilities of animation. No matter how flashy an action cut is, the quality of the work is determined by whether the foundation is strong. I also want you to be able to polish the foundational skills you learn here to create your own unique works.
What message do you have for your students?
This course is designed for a wide range of people, whether you aim to be a 3DCG animator in the future, are interested in animating as a hobby, or are interested in Blender's animation features. In addition to teaching Blender, I'll also share with you my thoughts on animation. I hope that you will get something interesting from it. Most importantly, I want you to think "Making animation is a lot of fun!".
This course will use Blender (ver. 3.3 or higher.)
Please purchase and install these program(s) for an optimized lecture experience.
*These programs and/or materials will not be provided with the lecture.
Like this class?
Then check these out!
*Please note that the information on this page is subject to change without prior notice.
*Would you like to learn more about our refund policy? Please check here.
*Please check our FAQ for Copyright and Proprietary Rights, User-Generated Content, Security, and Violation information.